The employer award recognises UK employers who create opportunities for ex-offenders to gain employment. CLI are one of 3 organisations shortlisted for this award as a result of our work in helping ex-offenders to find and maintain employment.
The nomination showed how our work helps our service users:
- Build stronger relationships with colleagues
- Receive extra support from their employers in the transition to employment
- Talk through and resolve issues and concerns
- Develop resilience around internal barriers such as:
- Perceived stigma
- Fear of being judged
- Scared of making mistakes
The CLI management team’s first-hand experience of overcoming these barriers gives us a unique insight in to how to guide and support people through this period of transition.