SAMAS Co-ordinator – Dunstable
|Post Title:||Volunteer Co-ordinator|
|Project:||SAMAS (Support, Advice, Mentoring, and Advocacy Service)|
|Salary Scale:||£21,000 – £25,000 (depending on experience)|
|Length of Contract:||Fixed term until September 2020|
CLI are passionate about supporting people who are facing challenges in their lives. Helping them to remove barriers, improve health and wellbeing and reduce social isolation by building stronger more inclusive communities. Our approach is to encourage people to identify their own strengths, skills, abilities and potential. We believe in the importance of relationship building and use one to one mentoring and group activities to support people both practically and emotionally. Our diverse team is made up of caring and compassionate individuals who work together to create an environment that is inclusive and supportive. CLI value our staff and volunteers and recognise their commitment by providing opportunities for personal and professional growth.
We are looking for a Volunteer Coordinator to join our expanding SAMAS Team. The successful candidate for this role will be able to work creatively as part of our team and take advantage of the opportunity to further develop a successful project. They will bring energy and passion to an already committed team whilst being able to embrace our organisational culture and values.
Benefits include 28 days annual leave, the possibility of flexible working, company pension scheme and significant opportunities for learning and development.
Your key responsibilities:
- To coordinate the delivery of mentoring services for individuals in recovery from alcohol and substance misuse across Central Bedfordshire.
- To be responsible for the recruitment, supervision and performance of a team of volunteers, peer mentors and trainees.
- To support the delivery of volunteer training events.
- To oversee the development of professional, voluntary and peer networks which can help to expand the range of support and mutual aid activities our service users can participate in.
- To maintain highly effective administrative and reporting processes, including the collation of performance data.
To apply, please send a CV and supporting statement, outlining clearly how you meet the criteria in the job description and person specification to: email@example.com
Deadline for CV’s: 5 pm Tuesday 19th March, 2019.
Interview Date(s): Tuesday 26th of March, 2019.
At CLI, we welcome and encourage applications from everyone regardless of age, disability, gender, ethnicity, religion and sexual orientation. We are facing diverse problems, so need diverse people to tackle them.